DRM Manual technology for protected PDFs!!!
- Access content from any device, anywhere, using our designated suite of eReaders
- Online in your Actuarial Bookstore account/web browser
- Offline via the FREE desktop player (pc or mac)
- Online/Offline via mobile application (android or iPhone)
- Take notes and highlight content
- Use available content immediately upon confirmation of your order
PAK-Part I contains 5 sections and PAK-Part II contains 5 sections. Each section contained in the study note comprises many inter-connected sub-sections. The table below summarizes the 10 PAK-sections contained in PAK-part-I and PAK-part-II:
|Parts||Secion ID||PAK Sections||SOA Topics||Weight (%)|
|Part I||1||Mean Variance Portfolio Theory||Mean Variance Portfolio Theory||10-15|
|2||Asset Pricing Models||Asset Pricing Models||5-10|
|3||Market Efficiency and Behavioral Finance||Market Efficiency and Behavioral Finance||5-10|
|4||Investment Risk and Project Analysis||Investment Risk and Project Analysis||10-15|
|5||Capital Structure||Capital Structure||10|
|Part II||6||Introductory derivatives: Forward, futures and ins. Derivatives||Introductory derivatives: Forward, futures and ins. Derivatives||5-10|
|7||General properties of opions||General properties of opions||10-15|
|8||Binomial Optioin pricing models||Binomial Optioin pricing models||10|
|9||Black Scholes Option pricing models||Black Scholes Option pricing models||10-15|
|10||Option Greeks and risk management||Option Greeks and risk management||5-10|
Each of the section is in turn organized in many subsections spanning the official source syllabus:
- The PAK subsections synthesize the theories and concepts from the official source reading,
- The PAK subsections contain examples and practice to illustrate the theories and concepts from the official source reading,
- The PAK subsections are inter-connected and assembled in a way that will facilitate a holistic comprehension of the official source reading and enhance the understanding of the official source reading,
- The PAK subsections are beautifully written, they provide clear and better explanations, illustrative examples to fix the concepts.
- Each of the 5 sections of PAK-Part-II contains a set of 30+ practice exam-type questions and detailed solutions in addition to the illustrative examples contained in the PAK study notes.
- The PAK subsections are well-organized and user-friendly and the organization of the PAK sections and subsection allows a more efficient learning process.
The PAK study notes are designed to help students adequately prepare for the IFM exam without recourse to the source materials (including SOA approved papers). The student is expected to (i) Read the PAK study notes, (ii) work the practice examples and the MOCK questions included in the PAK study notes and (iii) work the official practice questions from the SOA website, then (iv) re-work (ii) and (iii) until he/she can answer all questions independently.
PAK Study Manual for IFM
No refunds are available for this product.
Reselling, sharing or committing other copyright violations is not allowed. Copyright infringement is a violation of the SOA & CAS Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
Some restrictions do apply:
- Access through “My Account/My Learning Tools” section of your account
- 6 Month License; Permission to print only one copy of the manual (*printing requires use of the offline desktop player - free software download)
- Single User (sharing and/or resale is prohibited)
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time